If any of you live in Denver, then you have to go to a restaurant called The Watercourse. Not only is is all vegetarian (vegan optional), but it’s all AMAZING! I’ve only been there twice, but both times I ordered the sweet potato and black bean tacos. Usually when people think of vegetarian tacos, it’s just beans and cheese with lettuce and tomatoes. However, these are a vegetarian taco game changer because they are so unique and so delicious! I wanted to make them at home so I came up with a recipe that wasn’t the same, but still used most of the same ingredients. They came out really delicious and will definitely be added to my rotation of week night meals.
Chili Lime Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro Lime Yogurt
2 medium sweet potato- peeled and cut into small chunks
1 can black beans
1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, cumin, & coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 limes (zest and juice)
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
8-10 Corn tortillas
5.3 oz plain greek yogurt (one small container)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1. Make the yogurt – combine yogurt, cilantro, and zest & juice of 1 lime. Add salt and pepper to taste- store in fridge
2. Marinate the sweet potatoes with lime zest and juice of other lime, olive oil, and spices in a bowl for about 5 minutes.
3. Spread potatoes on a sheet and bake in the oven at 375 until tender – about 45 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse the black beans and mix with the sweet potatoes once they are out of the oven
5. Toast corn tortillas in a dry pan on high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Add equal amounts of sweet potato and black beans to each tortilla and top with yogurt sauce.